Floating Jetty Terminal Design & Construction
Puma Energy CPP
Matadi, Democrati Republic of Congo
The Puma Energy SPSA – Cobil Fuel Terminal is located on the southern banks (right bank when sailing upstream) of the Congo River, approximately 120km from the mouth of the river and just downstream from the port of Matadi. The jetty consists of a steel pontoon mooring platform, purposefully built to berth oil tankers for import/export operations of liquid bulk. Products handled at the jetty consist of diesel, unleaded petrol and jet fuel.
SCOPE OF WORKS
- Design engineering Works consisting of conceptual
design through to detailed design works.
- Survey works consisting of bathymetric and geophysical surveys, current measurement surveys and land topographic surveys.
- Installation engineering works
- Design engineering Works consisting of conceptual design through to detailed design works.
- Assembly of floating pontoon elements
- Supervision and management of construction works, including civil works, assembly of floating pontoon elements and installation of the jetty.
Design works commenced in early 2015 where a floating jetty was designed as the best fit solution in the challenging environment of the Congo River. Prior to the design works PMI had performed a number of detailed surveys and investigations to better understand the site of interest.
PMI mobilised to site to supervise the civil works towards the end of 2015. PMI then mobilised its marine plant in March 2016, including a PMI multicat vessel, dive team and accessories to assembly and install all pontoon elements forming the floating jetty. The contract was governed by strict timeframes as the Client had prearranged trading operations of the jetty. Using PMI’s marine plant, together with careful coordination with onshore support, PMI successfully completed the assembly and installation of the floating jetty in approximately one month, which allowed the Client a timely commencement to trading operations.
PMI added a valuable contribution to the holistic management of the project.
PMI’s proactive approach towards all aspects of the project enabled a timely completion of an excellent standard.