Atuabo Oil Services Terminal Site Investigations
Lonrho Ports Ghana (Ltd) required site investigations at Atuabo, Ghana, to inform the preparation of a Master Plan for a new Oil Services Terminal.
Royal Haskoning Consulting Engineers prepared the specifications for the investigations and managed the contract awarded to Project Management International (PMI).
The Scope of Work included:
- Onshore Cone Penetrometer Testing geotechnical investigation;
- Onshore percussion and rotary core borehole drilling, sampling, and logging;
- Offshore vibrocore geotechnical sampling, and logging;
- Topographic surveys of the 3.25 x 1.6km project site on a 50x50m grid;
- Offshore metocean data gathering surveys;
- Offshore bathymetric survey;
- Offshore sub-bottom profiling survey;
- Offshore Sidescan sonar surveying;
- Laboratory testing of geotechnical samples;
- Project reporting, inclusive of factual reports, laboratory reports, data preparation, drawing production and printing;
PMI Resources on site
- 200kN Geomil truck mounted uCPT rig;
- Fraste Hydraulic Rotary Core/Percussion Drilling Rig;
- Multicat vessel and geocorer vibrocore machine;
- AWAC metocean data recording devices;
- Total stations and GPS equipment for topographic surveys;
- Professional Geotechnical Engineer and support staff;
- Geotechnical Contracting Site Agent and support staff;
The contract was executed to the required standards, in close cooperation with Royal Haskoning Engineers.