Rosh Pinah – CPT & Mostap
June – July 2018
Rosh Pinah, Namibia
Rosh Pinah Mine TSF, Cone Penetration Testing
Fraser Alexander is undertaking site investigation work at the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) at Trevali Rosh Pinah lead and zinc mine which is in southern Namibia.
Fraser Alexander contracted PMI Construction Services SA (PMI) for the execution of the piezocone testing and Mostap sampling on the Tailings Storage Facility.
The Scope of Work included
• 2 days of inductions, medicals, training and inspections
• 12 No CPT tests on penetrable tailings dams
• Dissipation testing as per specifications
• 6 No 500mm Mostap samples from a maximum depth of 20m
PMI Resources on Site
• PMI 200kN trailer mounted hydraulic CPT rig
The works were executed in accordance with the stipulations of the relevant British Standards, Clause 3.1 of BS 1377:1990: Part 9
The contract was executed within budget and on time.